Healthy Nutrition: It’s as easy as 1-2-3…
The most important ingredient to living a healthy lifestyle begins with a Healthy and Balanced Nutrition Routine.
There are 3 steps in the process of being in control of your nutrition intake:
1. Education: it is essential to truly understand your body weight and what it is comprised of (ie, muscle, water, fat, bone, etc.)
2. Motivation: what is it that makes you want to be the healthiest you can be? Find your motivation.
3. Empowerment: this is when you are consistently making the healthiest decisions and you are able to help inspire others.
Additionally, there are 3 simple ways to monitor your nutrition intake:
1. Quality: making sure you are choosing lean protein, low sugar carbohydrate or gluten free, light dairy or no dairy if lactose intolerant, low saturated fat items.
2. Quantity: generally speaking, keep snacks below 300 cal and meals below 600 cal.
3. Timing: do not go too long without eating; keep your metabolism active!